Cinnamon Swirl Snickerdoodle CupcakesFrom maggiehc 8 years ago
- 1 cup soymilk shopping list
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup + 2 teaspoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract shopping list
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with paper liners.
- Mix together soymilk and vinegar and set aside for 1-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and white sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon, brown sugar and 2 teaspoons of the vegetable oil.
- Add remaining oil and the orange and vanilla extracts to the soured soymilk. Stir together and add to the dry ingredients. Mix together to form a smooth batter. Pour into the lined cupcake pan, filling each cup no more than 2/3 full.
- Spoon a heaping 1/2 teaspoon full of the cinnamon mixture into each cupcake. Make a zigzag or spiral in the cupcake batter with a bamboo stick or toothpick.
- Bake for 19-22 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and frost with vanilla frosting and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Frosting Notes: I rarely measure when I make vanilla frosting. I just take 1/2 cup of softened Earth Balance and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract and beat it with enough sifted powdered sugar to get the right consistency and taste. If it gets too thick I thin it with a little soy milk.
People Who Like This Dish 34
The Cookmaggiehc Detroit, MI
The Rating6 people
Excellent recipe!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Wow! so mouth-watering recipe! I love the name of your delicious cupcake! I will try it very soon! Thanks for your post!pariscipes in Paris&Lyon loved it
Oh my good neeesss! these are the bomb, my son will LOVE these, thanks so much. Beautiful picture too.invisiblechef in loved it