Glazed Lemon Pound CakeFrom hayleesgrandma 8 years ago
- 1cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened, plus more for pan shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled), plus more for pan shopping list
- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk shopping list
- Zest of 2 lemons, finely grated shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons) shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 5 large eggs shopping list
- lemon glaze 2 cups confectioners' sugar shopping list
- 3 to 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in lowest position. Butter and flour two 4 1/2-by-8-inch (6-cup) loaf pans.
- In a small bowl (or liquid measuring cup), combine buttermilk with lemon zest and juice. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- With mixer on low, add flour mixture in three parts alternately with the buttermilk mixture in two, beginning and ending with flour; beat just until smooth (do not overmix).
- Divide batter evenly between pans; smooth tops. Bake until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes (tent with foil if browning too quickly). Cool 15 minutes in pan. Turn out cakes onto a rack; cool completely before glazing.
- Set rack with cakes over a baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Pour glaze over cakes, letting it run down the sides; let dry, about 30 minutes.
- Place confectioners' sugar in a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup; stir in lemon juice (glaze should be thick, yet pourable). Add more sugar or lemon juice, as necessary, to achieve desired consistency.
People Who Like This Dish 9
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating7 people
Great recipe! Love lemon pound cakes, especially when made with fresh lemon juice! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
love lemon pound cakes and the picture is great!magali777 in Mexico loved it
You can not go wrong with a great lemon pound cake and this one sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!