African Apricot Chicken On SkewersFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3 pounds boneless chicken breasts cut into 4" chunks shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 medium onions finely chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons oil shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons coriander shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons hot curry powder shopping list
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 4 tablespoons apricot jam shopping list
- 2 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 30 dried apricot halves shopping list
- 1 onion cut into 2" chunks shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
How to make it
- In a large bowl combine chicken pieces, garlic, salt and pepper then set aside.
- Fry onions in oil until golden then stir in coriander, cumin and curry powder.
- Stir to coat onions then add brown sugar, lemon juice and jam.
- Add 1/2 cup water then bring to a boil stirring constantly then remove from heat.
- When cool pour over chicken then add bay leaves and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day thread meat with onions and apricots on skewers.
- Grill over coals for 7 minutes on each side.
- While meat grills remove bay leaves from marinade and transfer it to a heavy pot.
- Bring to a boil then serve over rice.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!