Creamed Ham in Toast CupsFrom marges 6 years ago
- 8 slices of white bread shopping list
- 1/2 cup of butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup of flour shopping list
- pinch of white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp of thyme shopping list
- pinch of nutmeg shopping list
- 1 cup of milk, 2% shopping list
- 1 cup of heavy cream shopping list
- 2 cups of chopped cooked ham shopping list
- 1 cup of frozen green peas shopping list
- 1 cup of whole kernal corn shopping list
- paprika shopping list
How to make it
- Cut off the crusts from the bread.
- Slightly flatten bread with a rolling pin.
- brush with melted butter and press into a muffin tin.
- butter both sides
- Bake 350 degrees for ten minutes.
- While the bread bakes, make your sauce using the remaining butter in a sauce pan.
- Whisk in flour, thyme, nutmeg and pepper.
- cook over low heat a minute.
- Add milk/cream and stir, cooking over medium heat until thick
- Add the ham, vegetables. (no salt needed, you get that from the ham)
- Ladle into warm toast cups and sprinkle with paprika.