CREAM OF BROCCOLI SOUPFrom rockyruby 5 years ago
- ¼ cup and 2 tbs. butter shopping list
- 2 onions, chopped shopping list
- 8 large carrots, chopped shopping list
- 8 cups water shopping list
- ½ cup chicken bouillon powder shopping list
- 1 tbs. soy sauce shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 5 cups milk shopping list
- 8 cups broccoli florets shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped shopping list
- ¼ cup and 2 tbs. All purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup ice water shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, add chopped onions, carrots and garlic, cook until softened
- In large cooking pot, add 4 cups of water and chicken bouillon together and bring to a boil. Add precooked onion mixture to pot. Add broccoli, reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15 to 20 minutes or until broccoli is tender.
- Stir in milk. In a cup, mix the flour with the ¼ cup cold water to form a thin liquid. Bring soup to a boil, add flour mixture slowly, stirring constantly to thicken soup as desired. Add soy sauce, black pepper and cheddar cheese and stir well. Allow cheese to “mix” well and serve
- I make a double recipe, but I do not double the broccoli…it really is enough for a double. For the flour water mixture to thicken it, you really need more than this, but I just make a big batch of it and add it until it’s where I want it. I also use garlic pepper blend instead of regular black pepper and I add more cheese to my taste.
- Also, you can puree this in a blender if you don't like it "chunky", this is just our preference.