Old Fashioned Sugar CookiesFrom taylorsue82 8 years ago
How to make it
- Cream together butter and sugar till light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat thoroughly. Add in milk and stir together.
- Sift flour baking powder and salt together and add to creamed mixture. Mix well. Drop by teaspoonfulls onto a buttered cookie sheet place about 1" apart. Sprinkle tops with sugar. Bake at 375 for 8 minutes. (I usually under bake these as I like a softer cookie)
- use brown sugar instead of white, melt butter and add sugar, can also add 1/4 cup chooped nuts.
- Add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon or nutmeg to d ry ingredients.
- Before adding flour add 1/3 cup cocoa to flour mixute. Bake at 325 . Frost with chocolate icing.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooktaylorsue82 Wapakoneta, OH
The Rating5 people
I love sugar cookies, thanks ;)hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
This looks like it might be the one my Grandmother used too....I only watched her, never asked for the recipe. Thanks again!redkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it
Hmmm, guess I will have to make these and yes, take some pics. JJthegoldminer in Sacramento loved it