Tex-mex Brunch CasseroleFrom tippystclair 9 years ago
- 4 cups frozen southern-style frozen hash brown potatoes OR shopping list
- 4 cups homemade hash browns (4 cups grated raw potato mixed with 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn OR 1 small can, drained shopping list
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup) shopping list
- 1 (15-ounce) can black, kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained shopping list
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack-colby cheese (8 ounces) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional) shopping list
- 8 large eggs shopping list
- 1 ¼ cups milk shopping list
- ½ teaspoon salt shopping list
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne) shopping list
How to make it
- Spray rectangular baking dish, 11 X 7 X 1 1/2 inches, with cooking spray, or wipe with veg oil.
- Mix potatoes, corn, onion, bell pepper and beans in baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and cilantro.
- Beat remaining ingredients with hand beater or wire whisk until well blended; pour evenly over potato mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 350°. Bake uncovered 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating3 people
lets eat wow delicousmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
This will be great for the next brunch I have. I have some O' Brian Potatoes and wanted to make something with them...this is nice with interesting flavors.
Happy Cooking and thanks for the recipe.
PollyMotzkopollymotzko in Garden Grove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!