Butter Pound CakeFrom henrie 7 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease and
- flour one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time and mix well.
- Introduce the flour, one cup at a time while adding cream a
- little at a time until all flour and cream is mixed in well.
- Add the vanilla and lemon flavoring and blend well. Pour
- batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 1-1/2 hours or
- until center springs back from small amount of pressure.
- Immediately turn out on cake rack to cool.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating11 people
Yes, yes, a fantastic pound cake. We love pound cakes, and I have many recipes. This is extraordinary! :)rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
sounds heavenly thanks henrieminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Thanks Henrie, pound cakes are good for all occasions love them!magali777 in Mexico loved it