Carrot Sweet Potato CurryFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 pound sweet potato peeled and cut in 1-1/2" chunks shopping list
- 1 pound carrots peeled and cut in 1-1/2" chunks shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated shopping list
- 2 teaspoons curry powder shopping list
- 19 ounce can chickpeas drained and rinsed shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Combine potatoes, carrots and water in shallow 2 quart microwave proof dish.
- Cover and microwave on high 14 minutes stirring halfway through then let stand.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onion, garlic, jalapeno and ginger.
- Cook stirring until onion is translucent about 5 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder then cook 30 seconds.
- Stir in vegetables with their liquid, chick peas, 3/4 cup water and salt then simmer 4 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!