Cheesy Twice-Baked Potatoes with MushroomsFrom grandmacooks 6 years ago
How to make it
- Bake potatoes by your preferred method of baking potatoes then let them cool until you can handle them.
- Cut a slice from the top of each potato.
- On your slices, carefully carefully peel off the skin and discard. Place the pototo slices in a bowl.
- Use a spoon to carefully scoop the potato out of the inside of your baked potatoes, just leaving a thin shell of potato and peel.
- Add the potato you scoop out to the potato slices in the bowl and set aside your potato shells.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes in the bowl with the butter and just enough milk to make a stiff consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain the mushrooms and carefully stir them into the mashed potato mixture, wihtout breaking up the mushrooms.
- Divide the mashed potato mixture into four portions and fill the potato shells with it.
- Place your filled potatoes in an 11x7 baking dish.
- Bake at 425 for 20 minutes or so, until potato filling is lightly browned.
- Slice each cheese slice in half diagonally. Place one cheese triangle on top of each filled potato.
- Sprinkle with paprika and return to oven for 2 or 3 minutes, just long enough to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookgrandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
The Rating3 people
This is a great recipe! What's not to love?? I see me using some shredded colby jack cheese. (I'd put that in my cereal if I could - lol). Thanks for sharing.sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
Can't wait to try this. Thanks for sharing it with everyone :)donman in Hammond loved it
I love mushrooms and potatoes so this should be greatmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!