Chocolate Cookie Sheet CakeFrom henrie 9 years ago
- 2 C flour shopping list
- 6 TBSP cocoa shopping list
- 2 C sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- ½ tsp salt shopping list
- ½ C buttermilk ( I never have this on hand & use regular milk with vinegar to sour it, a couple of tsp) shopping list
- 1 C water shopping list
- 2 sticks butter shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 eggs (well beaten) shopping list
- ** ICING** shopping list
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 3 TBSP cocoa shopping list
- 1 lb box powdered sugar sifted ( 3 3/4 C unsifted equals 1 lb box) shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 6 TBSP milk shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 C finely chopped pecans shopping list
How to make it
- In Large bowl, sift Flour with Sugar, Salt & Cinnamon set aside.
- In Sauce pan on stove top, mix Butter, Water & Cocoa, bring just to boil (do not boil) pour over flour mixture above.
- In another bowl, mix well beaten eggs, baking soda, Buttermilk & Vanilla, then add to above mixture, mix well.
- Then pour into greased & floured Cookie Sheet Pan 13 x 19 x 2 (this is a Wilton pan, the pan my grandmother used overflowed everytime, this one never does).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees, Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a sauce pan, put Butter, Cocoa, Milk, over low heat, DO NOT BOIL, when well mixed, remove from heat, add Powdered Sugar, Cinnamon and Pecans.
- Spread on HOT Cake.
- Put cake back into oven for additional 5 minutes longer. ( I usually put it on Broil, to bubble the icing, be careful not to burn).
- This does mess up lots of containers but it is well worth it and you really do have to follow these steps to have it come out correctly.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating5 people
This sounds EXACTLY like a sheet cake grammie used to make every now and again when the family got together on Sunday. May not be quite the same but I bet it's close. Great post henrie! Thanks for the memory.kimmer in Dunedin loved it
mmmmm.... great post Henrie!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Oh WOW! What can I say!! Soooooooo good! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it