Curly Endive Salad With Ham And GruyereFrom fewls 6 years ago
- 1 curly endive (any leafy lettuce works just as well) shopping list
- vinaigrette shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 T light olive oil shopping list
- 3 T whipping cream shopping list
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar shopping list
- salt and white pepper (fresh ground if possible) shopping list
- GARNISH shopping list
- 4 1/2 oz. diced gruyere or Emmanthal cheese shopping list
- 4 1/2 oz smoked ham cut into small strips shopping list
- 3 1/2 oz. small button mushrooms sliced thin shopping list
- chopped chives shopping list
- croutons shopping list
How to make it
- Remove dark leaves, cut off root and wash in a bowl of water twice,
- Shake dry and chop roughly
- Put Dijon in the serving bowl.
- Whisk in the oil in a thin trickle until fully absorbed.
- Whisk in the cream and then the white wine vinegar.
- Season with a pinch of salt and about 4 turns of the pepper mill.
- Mix the garnishes into the vinaigrette.
- Add the chopped endive and toss until blended.Sprinkle with the chives.
- Add the croutons just before serving.