Old Fashioned ScrappleFrom riverrat715 7 years ago
How to make it
- Bring chicken stock to a boil
- Mix cornmeal with cold water
- pour into boiling stock
- cook til very thick
- mix in chicken, pepper and butter
- Pour into a loaf pan
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrgerate until completely cold and set.
- turn out on cutting board
- slice into 1/4 inch slices.
- Fry in two tbs olive oil til brown and crispy turning once.
- Serve with breakfast instead of bacon or sausage.
- Tis is delicious and very economical and is actually healthier for you than all that bacon and sausage. Enjoy