Beks Lemon Meringue Tea CakesFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 1 (18-ounce) box lemon cake mix shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) container Cool Whip shopping list
- 1 egg white plus 1 cup egg whites shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 (3.4-ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1 lemon, zested shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix the cake mix with the container of cool whip and add 1 egg white. Spray a muffin tin with nonstick spray. Scoop 1 tablespoon of mixture into each tin. Flour your hands or the back of a spoon and press dough, flattening it like a pie crust. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from pan.
- Mix the 2 cups of milk with the 2 packages of pudding mix. Mixture should be thick.
- Add 1 tablespoon of pudding mix on top of each cake and spread.
- Raise temperature of oven to 425 degrees F.
- Beat the remaining 1 cup of egg whites until soft peaks form, then add sugar and cream of tartar. Mix until stiff peaks form. Fold in the zest of 1 lemon. Spread or pipe 1 tablespoon of meringue on top of each cake. Cover the top completely. Bake at 425 degrees F until tips are slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!