Funnel CakesFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
How to make it
- 1. In a deep medium skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until it registers 350º to 375º on a deep-fat thermometer.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center and add the milk and eggs; whisk until smooth.
- 3. Transfer the batter to a gallon-size resealable plastic bag, remove the excess air and seal the top. With scissors, snip off a corner to make a 1/4-inch-wide hole. Carefully squeeze about 1 cup batter (one-eighth of the mixture) back and forth into the oil, making a free-form lacy web. Cook until golden on the bottom, about 2 minutes. Using tongs, turn the cake over and cook until golden on the other side, about 1 minute more. Transfer the funnel cake to paper towels to drain briefly. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- 4. Dust the funnel cakes with confectioners' sugar and serve hot.
- Smart move: To avoid messy spills between frying each batch, set the bag of batter, slit side up, in a bowl next to the stovetop.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
The Rating3 people
Just what I was looking for! THANK YOU!!jeannej in Raleigh loved it
I adore these, the local fairs haven't had them the last few years...now I won't have to deprive myself any longer!! THanksjuliecake in Bluffdale loved it
I have never made 'em, but they are my most favorite memory of every fair I've ever been to! Thanks!janabeth in Grand Forks loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!