Chicken Tortilla SoupFrom atealee 7 years ago
- 4 roma tomatoes, roasted shopping list
- 1 small spanish onion, roasted shopping list
- 3 large green chiles (banana,anaheim, and/or jalapeno),peeled and seeded, and chopped shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1 tsp crushed Mexican oregano flakes shopping list
- 6 c canned chicken broth or homemade shopping list
- 1 tsp salt, to taste shopping list
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded shopping list
- 6-8 fresh corn tortillas, torn to pieces shopping list
- 1/2 c chopped cilantro shopping list
- 1 ripe avocado, sliced shopping list
- lime wedges shopping list
How to make it
- Turn broiler on. Place tomatoes, onion, and chiles in baking pan with foil. Place under broiler til slightly charred. Remove from oven and set aside to cool, about 10 minutes.
- Puree roasted onion and garlic in a food processor, then add tomatoes and puree til smooth.
- In a large stockpot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium heat. Slowly pour pureed mixture. Add cumin and oregano. Simmer for 5 minutes to concentrate the flavors. Stir in broth, chicken and salt. Turn heat up to medium-high and bring soup to a boil. Add tortillas to soup and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped cilantro and squeeze of lime juice. Top with avocado slice.
The Cookatealee San Diego, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!