Party Size Southern Corn BreadFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 2 quarts flour shopping list
- 1/2 c. sugar shopping list
- 3/4 c. baking powder shopping list
- 4 TBS salt shopping list
- 3 1/2 c. cornmeal shopping list
- 6 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 TBS baking soda shopping list
- 1 1/2 quarts buttermilk shopping list
- 1 c. melted shortening ( butter or margarine etc. ) shopping list
How to make it
- Mix and sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Stir in cornmeal and mix well.
- Add eggs.
- Add baking soda, dissolved in buttermilk, and shortening.
- Mix well to blend.
- Bake in greased shallow pans in quick oven (425 F) 35 minutes
- or until tested done.