Holiday Pink Champagne CakeFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- 1 box Duncan Hines white cake mix (or any good quality white cake, no pudding mix) shopping list
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup dry champagne for the liquid called for shopping list
- food color to tint frosting of your choice. shopping list
- I made a cream cheese frosting, buttercream is fine too shopping list
- Garnish: fresh red or pink rose shopping list
How to make it
- Use a box of Duncan Hines White Cake mix (NO pudding) and substitute champagne - 1/2 to 3/4 cup to replace some or all of the liquid called for in the cake mix.
- The kind of champagne ( pink, white, sweet, dry ) used will determine the flavor.
- Tint with red food coloring to a soft pink.
- Bake cake as instructed on box.
- Frost with your favorite butter cream icing, adding up to 3 TBS champagne for part of the liquid called for.
- Also tint frosting pink.
- Some people like to fill the layers with a strawberry or raspberry puree or jam ..
- The cake is moist and somewhat denser than a plain box white cake.
- I really thought it a tasty cake for a box mix which I rarely ever use.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating8 people
I LOVE this recipe and your pic is absolutely beautiful! Thanks so much for posting this "5" fork Pink Champagne Cake.lor in Toronto loved it
Sounds good!cookingwithcaitlin in Cincinnati loved it
How wounderful. Sounds marvolous. Thanksdragonwings647 in Duchesne loved it