Crispy Chewy Oatmeal CookiesFrom devineone 7 years ago
- 3 eggs, well beaten shopping list
- 1 c. raisins shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 c. butter softened shopping list
- 1 c. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 c. white sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 c. oatmeal (substitute 1/2 c. wheat germ for more healthful cookies) shopping list
- 3/4 c. shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine eggs, raisins and vanilla and let stand for one hour, covered with plastic wrap. This is the secret to these cookies so don't omit this step.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda to sugar mixture.
- Mix well.
- Blend in egg- raisin mixture, oatmeal, wheat germ and shredded coconut. Dough will be stiff.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet or roll into small balls and flatten slightly on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
The Cookdevineone Tampa, FL
The Rating4 people
This is how my mama used to bake them. So good and you can't even tell the coconut is in there!
Thanks for sharing! Jettjett2whit in Union City loved it
Sounds yummy, gonna have to make me a batch soon. I think that is the key to a good oatmeal cookie, gotta be crispy and crunchy. Hugstbone in Cumming loved it
Made these with my little girl and we had some fun and the cookies tasted fab! A bit hit with everyone. Got my 5.analot in Clare loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!