Crispy Chewy Oatmeal CookiesFrom devineone 6 years ago
- 3 eggs, well beaten shopping list
- 1 c. raisins shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 c. butter softened shopping list
- 1 c. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 c. white sugar shopping list
- 2 1/2 c. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking soda shopping list
- 2 c. oatmeal (substitute 1/2 c. wheat germ for more healthful cookies) shopping list
- 3/4 c. shredded coconut shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine eggs, raisins and vanilla and let stand for one hour, covered with plastic wrap. This is the secret to these cookies so don't omit this step.
- Cream together butter and sugars.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon and soda to sugar mixture.
- Mix well.
- Blend in egg- raisin mixture, oatmeal, wheat germ and shredded coconut. Dough will be stiff.
- Drop by heaping teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet or roll into small balls and flatten slightly on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
The Cookdevineone Tampa, FL
The Rating4 people
I just made a batch of these cookies and they're absolutely wonderful. I'm sure I could have baked them a little longer to get them crispier, but they're just a little crispy, but VERY chewy! This will be the only oatmeal cookie recipe I use from no...morebetsy1030 in Petoskey loved it
Made these with my little girl and we had some fun and the cookies tasted fab! A bit hit with everyone. Got my 5.analot in Clare loved it
Sounds yummy, gonna have to make me a batch soon. I think that is the key to a good oatmeal cookie, gotta be crispy and crunchy. Hugstbone in Cumming loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!