Marshmallow Caramel SliceFrom kadalin 8 years ago
- Melted butter, to grease shopping list
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour shopping list
- 65g (3/4 cup) desiccated coconut shopping list
- 80g (1/2 cup, lightly packed) brown sugar shopping list
- 125g butter, melted shopping list
- 1 x 395g can sweetened condensed milk shopping list
- 2 tbs golden syrup shopping list
- 60g butter, extra shopping list
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar shopping list
- 250ml (1 cup) water shopping list
- 1 tbs gelatine powder shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- shredded coconut, toasted (to decorate) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Brush a 25 x 16cm slice pan with melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and 2 long sides with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Combine the flour, coconut and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add melted butter and mix until combined. Spoon into the prepared pan and press firmly over base. Bake in oven for 12 minutes or until golden. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place the condensed milk, golden syrup and extra butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir until butter melts and the mixture is smooth. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, for 8 minutes or until caramel thickens and is golden. Spread over the base.
- Place the caster sugar, water and gelatine in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until the gelatine dissolves. Increase heat to medium and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the gelatine mixture in a large bowl. Use an electric beater to beat for 8 minutes or until mixture doubles in volume and firm peaks form. Add vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Spoon the gelatine mixture over the caramel, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with extra coconut. Place in fridge for 2-3 hours to set. Cut into squares to serve.
The Cookkadalin Richmond Victoria, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!