Oreo Cookie CakeFrom midgelet 7 years ago
- 20 Oreo cookies shopping list
- 2 3/4 c flour shopping list
- 1/2 ts salt shopping list
- 1 ts baking soda shopping list
- 8 oz (2 sticks) unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 ts vanilla shopping list
- 1/4 ts almond extract shopping list
- 1 1/4 c sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 c sour cream shopping list
- GAZE: shopping list
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate shopping list
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup capacity Bundt pan.
- Chop cookies into quarters and set aside.
- In small bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until soft. Add vanilla and almond extracts and the sugar.
- Beat well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- On low speed, add the dry ingredients in three additions alternately with the sour cream in two additions.
- Place about 1 1/2 cups of the mixture into the pan. Form a shallow trench with a spoon.
- Add the oreos to the remaining batter, folding as gently as possible just to the mix them with the batter.
- Place the batter into the pan over the plain batter.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then invert cake onto a rack to finish cooling.
- When cool, top with glaze.
- Break up the chocolate and place in top of double boiler with butter. Stir until melted.
- Stir in the cream gradually until the mixture is thick and just barely thin enough to flow.
- Pour around the top of the cake and let dribble down the sides.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating1 people
great chocalate recipe high5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it