Red and Blackened FishFrom kazeryuujin 8 years ago
- 2 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 1 tsp. sugar shopping list
- 1/2 tsp each; oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt shopping list
- heavy 1/4 tsp (approx) each; cayenne pepper, back pepper shopping list
- 1 tbsp. butter (optional) shopping list
- fish fillets, without skin, two large portions or three small ones shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dry ingredients in a small dish. This is your rub. Use it on anything! Use it on fish.
- Pat down your fish with a paper towel to remove moisture. Sprinkle on a thick layer of spice rub and spread it gently with your fingertips (do not lick, spicy). apply to both sides
- If your pan still has an excelent non-stick coating you can go without the butter, otherwise, melt butter in a skillet big enough to hold all your fish.
- Fry your fish for a few minutes per side, until your seasonings are starting to turn black. It is good to check a corner occationally, but flip as little as possible to avoid your fish flaking into pieces and to keep the spices on the fish and out of the butter