Cheesy Vegan LasagnaFrom althearandolf 6 years ago
- 2 jars of Vegan spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 9 ounces of fresh spinach shopping list
- 1/2 lb. Organic carrots (usually half a small bag) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley and basil, mixed shopping list
- 4 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup Veggie broth shopping list
- 1 block of tofu (firmness doesn't matter, but preferably soft) shopping list
- 8 ounces of Vegan cream cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 12 lasagna noodles shopping list
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook your lasagna according to the package directions.
- In a food processor, chop your carrots until they are completely broken up and diced (NO chunks!)
- In a skillet, heat your olive oil, and then saute your garlic, parsley and basil for about one minute.
- Add your carrots and veggie broth, simmer uncovered for about five to seven minutes.
- Add tofu, vegan cream cheese and lemon juice, stir well. This is your "cheese". Stir over medium heat until it starts to become melty.
- Add your Nutmeg and Nutritional Yeast, stir and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside, but KEEP IT WARM!
- Put the Spinach in your food processor and chop it until it is a very fine consistency.
- In an 11x17 baking pan, lay a layer of sauce down over the bottom, make it very thin, you don't want to use up all of your sauce here.
- Lay down noodles until the bottom has a layer of noodles.
- Spread fake cheesy stuff over that.
- Spread spinach over the cheesy stuff.
- Spread sauce over the spinach.
- Repeat until you have finished your layers, spread sauce on top.
- Cover with foil, leave room on the top for a bit of rising.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 40 minutes to an hour, depending on your oven.
- Uncover and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let it cool and firm on top of your stove, serve, and enjoy!
People Who Like This Dish 35
The Cookalthearandolf Galveston, TX
The Rating2 people
This recipe is delicious. My very non- vegan family had no clue they were eating. They also didn't realize there were vegetables in there. It was very easy to make. It will definately be a regular family meal.tayakate in Florence loved it