Cheesy Vegan LasagnaFrom althearandolf 9 years ago
- 2 jars of Vegan spaghetti sauce shopping list
- 9 ounces of fresh spinach shopping list
- 1/2 lb. Organic carrots (usually half a small bag) shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley and basil, mixed shopping list
- 4 cloves minced garlic shopping list
- 1/4 cup Veggie broth shopping list
- 1 block of tofu (firmness doesn't matter, but preferably soft) shopping list
- 8 ounces of Vegan cream cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg shopping list
- 12 lasagna noodles shopping list
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cook your lasagna according to the package directions.
- In a food processor, chop your carrots until they are completely broken up and diced (NO chunks!)
- In a skillet, heat your olive oil, and then saute your garlic, parsley and basil for about one minute.
- Add your carrots and veggie broth, simmer uncovered for about five to seven minutes.
- Add tofu, vegan cream cheese and lemon juice, stir well. This is your "cheese". Stir over medium heat until it starts to become melty.
- Add your Nutmeg and Nutritional Yeast, stir and simmer for a few more minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside, but KEEP IT WARM!
- Put the Spinach in your food processor and chop it until it is a very fine consistency.
- In an 11x17 baking pan, lay a layer of sauce down over the bottom, make it very thin, you don't want to use up all of your sauce here.
- Lay down noodles until the bottom has a layer of noodles.
- Spread fake cheesy stuff over that.
- Spread spinach over the cheesy stuff.
- Spread sauce over the spinach.
- Repeat until you have finished your layers, spread sauce on top.
- Cover with foil, leave room on the top for a bit of rising.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for 40 minutes to an hour, depending on your oven.
- Uncover and bake an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Let it cool and firm on top of your stove, serve, and enjoy!
The Cookalthearandolf Galveston, TX
The Rating2 people
This recipe is delicious. My very non- vegan family had no clue they were eating. They also didn't realize there were vegetables in there. It was very easy to make. It will definately be a regular family meal.tayakate in Florence loved it