Chicken SoupFrom bellenoelle 8 years ago
How to make it
- **All credit for this recipe to my pal and former co-worker, Susan Lange**
- Chop onions and celery into small pieces - no need to fret over exact sizes and shapes.
- Saute the onions an celery in the olive oil over low-med heat for a few minutes, until the onion starts to go transparent.
- Rinse your chicken and pop it in the pot, skin and all.
- Add boullion cubes/tsps, water and parsely.
- Bring to a boil and then turn heat down to simmer for 1-2 hrs, until the meat is falling off the bone. You can turn over the chicken halfway through, but it's not totally necessary.
- Turn off heat and pick out the bones and skin with fork and slotted spoon, tongs, or whatever's handy. I often top up the liquid with a few cups more water, just to make it more soupy and last longer.