Chinese Pineapple TartsFrom juliecake 6 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 20oz cans crushed pineapple with juice shopping list
- 1 8oz can crushed pineapple with juice shopping list
- 3/4 c sugar shopping list
- 2 cinnamon sticks shopping list
- Pastry: shopping list
- 4 T cream cheese shopping list
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, softened shopping list
- 1/2 c powdered sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 t baking soda shopping list
- 1 t vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 1/2 c flour shopping list
- 1/2 t salt shopping list
- Assembly: shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 2 t water shopping list
How to make it
- For filling; drain crushed pineapple in a colander, pressing to render as much of the juice as possible. Place pineapple in a large pot with the sugar and cinnamon sticks and stir over med-low heat about 1 hour, until sugar begins crystallizing against the sides of the pan. Remove cinnamon sticks and let pineapple filling cool.
- For pastry; using a mixer, beat together cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar at med-high speed. Add 2 eggs, baking soda and vanilla and beat until fully mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour and salt until mixed well and dough begins to form a ball. Refrigerate dough for 30 to 60 minutes before assembling tarts.
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly spray 2 mini-muffin tins with cooking spray. Mix yolk and water together to make a wash.
- Press 1" ball of dough into mini-muffin tin and fill with pineapple. Take remaining dough and roll thin, cutting narrow strips, less than 1/8 " wide. Use strips to create a double lattice top over each tart. Brush with egg wash and bake for 25 minutes.
- Makes 24 mini tarts