Berry Margarita PieFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs shopping list
- 1/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 5 tablespoons butter melted shopping list
- 3 tablespoons triple sec shopping list
- Berry Filling: shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups raspberries or blackberries frozen thawed shopping list
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry or blackberry jam, shopping list
- 1/4 cup triple sec shopping list
- 3 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch shopping list
- lime Filling: shopping list
- 1 small packet unflavored gelatin shopping list
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice strained shopping list
- Zest of 2 limes very finely grated shopping list
- 1 cup sugar divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons egg substitute shopping list
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Grease sides of spring form pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- Cut strips of wax paper about 2" wide and totaling 31" long.
- Place strips on inside edge of pan forming a protective shield for side crust.
- In small bowl stir together cracker crumbs and sugar.
- Add Triple Sec to melted butter and pour over crumb mixture using fork to combine.
- Pat crust onto bottom and sides of pan then set aside.
- Puree thawed berries in food processor or blender until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve into small saucepan.
- Add triple sec, sugar, jam and cornstarch.
- After cornstarch has dissolved cook over medium heat stirring constantly until it boils.
- Continue stirring while mixture boils slowly for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Squeeze limes and strain juice through fine sieve.
- Sprinkle gelatin over lime juice and let set 2 minutes.
- Heat in small saucepan over low heat stirring until completely dissolved.
- Stir in 1/3 cup sugar, lime zest and food coloring then set aside.
- In separate small bowl beat egg substitute on low speed 30 seconds.
- Gradually sprinkle in remaining sugar increasing speed to medium as mixture thickens.
- Beat 5 minutes until eggs are very thick and soft peaks form.
- Fold whipped topping into egg mixture and set aside.
- At this point microwave gelatin for 30 seconds to warm and liquefy.
- Fold 3/4 cup whipped egg into gelatin to lighten then fold gelatin into egg mixture.
- Spoon half the lime filling into crust making edges slightly higher than center of pie.
- Reserve 1/4 cup berry filling for pie surface.
- Pour remaining berry filling into center leaving 1" border of filling around outer edge.
- Top with remaining lime filling.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
YOU TALK ABOUT BEING ON A ROLL HOW DO YOU TYPE SO FAST....WOW YOU GO GIRL.............THIS SOUNDS YUMMY.......minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds wonderful!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
How special is this?! My family will just love it...thanks!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!