Chocolate-Cherry cakeFrom kparker 5 years ago
- For the cake shopping list
- 1 box devil's food cake mix shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can dark sweet cherry pie filling shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring shopping list
- For the frosting shopping list
- 1/3 stick butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk or heavy cream shopping list
- 1cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (6 oz) package semi sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- To make the cake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 11 x 7 inch cake pan.
- Mix all cake ingredients in a large bowl -- the batter will be stiff.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake about 35 minutes.
- If center of cake is gooey when tested with a knife, continue to bake in increments of 5 minutes until center is firm.
- Cool cake completely before frosting.
- For the frosting.
- Bring the butter, milk or cream, and sugar to a boil in a small pot.
- Watch carefully to prevent it from boiling over.
- Lower the heat, but keep the mixture bubbling at a fast simmer.
- Count to 100 (a minute and 40 seconds) stirring constantly.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add the vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Stir until smooth and immediately frost the cake..
- Frosting may be slightly thin or runny, but will firm up as it cools.
The Cookkparker Houston, TX
The Rating4 people
A very nice option and I like it a lot!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Love all the ingredients in this one, especially the added almond flavoring when using Cherry pie filling, you got my 5 - great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
I had this recipe and made it several times to rave review, but then I lost it! Glad to have it again! Very good and very easy! Thx!auntybea in Vernon loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!