Chocolate-Cherry cakeFrom kparker 7 years ago
- For the cake shopping list
- 1 box devil's food cake mix shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can dark sweet cherry pie filling shopping list
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring shopping list
- For the frosting shopping list
- 1/3 stick butter shopping list
- 1/3 cup milk or heavy cream shopping list
- 1cup sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 (6 oz) package semi sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- To make the cake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 11 x 7 inch cake pan.
- Mix all cake ingredients in a large bowl -- the batter will be stiff.
- Spread batter in prepared pan and bake about 35 minutes.
- If center of cake is gooey when tested with a knife, continue to bake in increments of 5 minutes until center is firm.
- Cool cake completely before frosting.
- For the frosting.
- Bring the butter, milk or cream, and sugar to a boil in a small pot.
- Watch carefully to prevent it from boiling over.
- Lower the heat, but keep the mixture bubbling at a fast simmer.
- Count to 100 (a minute and 40 seconds) stirring constantly.
- Take the mixture off the heat and add the vanilla and chocolate chips.
- Stir until smooth and immediately frost the cake..
- Frosting may be slightly thin or runny, but will firm up as it cools.
The Cookkparker Houston, TX
The Rating4 people
I always use almond with cherry fillings and cake, got my five on this one...thanks!juliecake in Bluffdale loved it
I had this recipe and made it several times to rave review, but then I lost it! Glad to have it again! Very good and very easy! Thx!auntybea in Vernon loved it
Love all the ingredients in this one, especially the added almond flavoring when using Cherry pie filling, you got my 5 - great post.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!