Asparagus Soup Puree with green onionFrom softgrey 7 years ago
- 2 scallions cut into 1 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion - chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 2 1/2 lb asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces shopping list
- 3 1/2 chicken broth shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oil and melt butter together in a 4-6 quart pot.
- Cook onion over moderately low heat, stirring, until onion is softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add scallion and 1/2 the salt and saute about one more minute.
- Add asparagus, broth, and simmer, covered, until asparagus is just tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Purée soup in batches in a blender/food processor until smooth- *I use a slotted spoon to remove all the solids and puree them separately-this way I can puree it all in one shot.
- Return puree to pot with liquid and add water.
- Stir in remaining salt and pepper to taste(pepper is optional) and heat through.
- *serve with shaved parmesan cheese curls or parmesan toasts if desired