Vegetable ChiliFrom silverqueen 9 years ago
- 5-1/2 cups water shopping list
- 3/4 cup bulgur wheat shopping list
- 2 tsp. oil shopping list
- 1 cup each chopped onion and red bell pepper shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. chili powder shopping list
- 2 tsp each minced garlic and ground cumin shopping list
- 1 can (28-oz.) crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 1 can (15-oz.) 100% pure pumpkin shopping list
- 1 medium zucchini, diced shopping list
- 1 cup corn shopping list
- 1 can 15.5 )z.) black beans, rinsed shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- cheddar cheese shredded shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Put 3 cups of the water and the bulgur in a medium microwave safe bowl.
- Cover and microwave on high until bulgur is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add onion and pepper, sauté 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, garlic and cumin powder, sauté until fragrant.
- Add remaining 2-1/2 cups water, the tomatoes, pumpkin, zucchini and corn, bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in beans and bulgur, heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
- Top with cheddar cheese and sour cream.
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating3 people
The pumpkin in it makes it interesting to me so I flagged it. I am going to try this one next week.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This sounds wonderful, its on the menu for tonight. Thanks for the post............ ;o)xenon in Bolton loved it
My goodness! This sounds strange and delightful at the same time! Since I tend to shie away from meats I will definitely be giving this a try!! Thanks for a great post!! :-)mkm114 in Springdale loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!