The Best Passover RollsFrom midgelet 8 years ago
How to make it
- Bring the water and oil to a boil.
- Mix together the meal, sugar and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the water.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Stir in eggs by hand vigorously one at a time.
- Each time an egg is added, mixture will loosen up but when mixed will again form a dough like pate a choux
- Use an ice cream scoop and place scoops a few inches apart on a greased baking sheet. Makes about 18 but yield depends on scoop size
- Bake 350F 45 to 50 minutes.
- Don't open oven door to peak or these will fall.
- At end of baking time, remove rolls from oven and cut a small slit in the center with tip of sharp knife to release steam.
- Cool and freeze if desired.
- Thses are great to be filled with sandwich filling or desset custards, pudding, berries etc. or simply plain with butter
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating3 people
Thank you for posting this recipe! I lost my passover cookbook and was looking for exactly this one. (When we make the rolls, we cut X's into the tops and sprinkle with a little sugar before baking. Comes out yummy!)LallybrochLass in loved it
Food Styling And Photography254 members
Jewish Food Lovers100 members
Five Or Fewer180 members
Jewish Recipe Gems13 members
Secret Ingredients54 members
Taste Of Israel14 members
International Baking67 members
Packages Jars And Cans29 members
The Incredible Edible Egg21 members