Cuban Style PicadilloFrom elle 5 years ago
- 2 TB olive oil shopping list
- 1 lb ground beef (I use ground turkey) shopping list
- 1/2 pound chorizo, chopped in small pieces, or removed from casing shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1 TB ground cumin shopping list
- 2 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1 tsp dried oregano shopping list
- 1 tsp sweet paprika shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 (14 oz) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 3/4 cup beef stock shopping list
- 1 TB sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped green olives with pimento shopping list
- 2 TB cider vinegar shopping list
- 3 hard boiled eggs, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1-2 TB lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add ground beef or turkey and chorizo.
- Cook about 10 minutes, stirring often, until nicely browned. Drain if you like--I usually do, but leave a little oil in the pan, or add a bit more olive oil.
- Add onion and bell pepper, saute about 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and spices, saute about one minute.
- Add tomatoes, beef stock and sugar. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Add raisins, olives, and vinegar, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Add chopped eggs and lime juice and season with salt and pepper, simmer for a couple minutes to heat eggs up, and serve.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookelle NH
The Rating4 people
Oh. Wow. Elle :) This looks -- and sounds! -- like a fantastic recipe for me to first experience a Cuban-style Picadillo....thanks for doing all the testing for us.... Great post!
(Poached egg on top, beans & rice on the side...My kind of mea...morekukla in Barrie, Ontario loved it
This does sound fantastic. I love spicy cuban food and this one sounds great. Got my 5.chefmeow in Garland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!