Moms downhome biscuitsFrom jeannej 9 years ago
How to make it
- Pre heat oven at 350
- Into the flour put salt, soda and sift
- mix in shortening pinching it with hands till about pea-sized pieces
- add buttermilk and stir.
- lift to well floured surface and knead just enough to get smooth and firm to handle
- roll into a 1/2 inch thick circle
- cut out into biscuit-size and place on pam-sprayed baking sheet
- bake for 10 min or till golden brown.
The Cookjeannej Raleigh, NC
The Rating4 people
Great recipe! My grandad always said, if you can make a good pan of biscuits, then you are a master great cook in the kitchen. I learned how to make biscuits at an early age, now it is a snap. My daughters say that I amazed them,lol. Great post!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Love this ;)hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
Absolutely love basic biscuits - great post! = )sunny in Portland loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!