Strawberry Whipped Cream PuffsFrom crabhappychick 8 years ago
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 1 cup boiling water shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 4 large eggs shopping list
- 1 package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling, Prepared as directed shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped shopping list
- 1 pint strawberries, Set aside the nicest berries (same number as cream puff shells) and slice the rest shopping list
- powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400. In saucepan, melt butter with water. When completely melted, dump in flour and salt all at once and stir quickly until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and, one at a time, beat in eggs (incorporating each thoroughly before adding the next). Spoon dough into pastry bag without tip and pipe onto ungreased baking sheet. Mound about 2" in diametor. Bake 50 minutes. When done, slice off tops and remove soft center. Cool.
- Fold together the pudding, whipped cream and sliced strawberries. Fill each puff, mounding nicely, perch a whole berry (cap intact) near the edge of the puff and replace top of puff. Dust with powdered sugar and refrigerate until serving time. Fill puffs not more than a couple of hours before serving. Keep refrigerated.