Bacon Caesar and Mozzarella PaniniFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 1 can (13.8 oz) Pillsbury® refrigerated classic pizza crust shopping list
- 4 teaspoons basil pesto shopping list
- 1/4 cup Caesar dressing (creamy or vinaigrette style) shopping list
- 8 oz water-packed fresh mozzarella cheese, drained and cut into 8 slices, or 8 slices (1 oz each) regular mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 12 slices cooked bacon shopping list
- 2 plum (Roma) tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices shopping list
- 8 large fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® butter shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray large cookie sheet with CRISCO® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Unroll pizza crust dough on cookie sheet; press dough into 16x11-inch rectangle, pulling dough gently if necessary. Bake 9 to 16 minutes or until light brown. Cool about 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- 2. Cut cooled pizza crust in half lengthwise and crosswise to make 4 rectangles. Remove rectangles from cookie sheet; cut each rectangle in half crosswise for a total of 8 squares.
- 3. On each of 4 crust slices, spread 1 teaspoon pesto; set aside. On each of remaining 4 slices, spread 1 tablespoon Caesar dressing. Place 2 cheese slices on each crust slice with Caesar dressing. Top cheese with pepper, 3 bacon slices, 2 tomato slices and 2 basil leaves. Top with remaining crust slices, pesto sides down.
- 4. Heat 12-inch skillet or cast-iron skillet over medium heat until hot. Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in skillet. Place 2 sandwiches in skillet. Place smaller skillet or saucepan on sandwiches to flatten slightly; keep skillet on sandwiches while cooking. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until bread is golden brown and crisp and fillings are heated. Remove from skillet; cover with foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining 2 tablespoons butter and sandwiches.