Vegan Double Chocolate BrownieFrom mellybelly 6 years ago
- 1/3 cup flour shopping list
- 2/3 cup cold water shopping list
- 12 oz extra firm silken tofu (the vacuum packed kind, like Mori-Nu) shopping list
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocloate chips shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 cup oil shopping list
- 3/4 cup good quality unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder shopping list
How to make it
- N a blender puree the tofu, flour and water until smooth. Pour it into a sauce pan, and wisk constantly over low heat until it thickens (it should not boil, if it starts to turn the heat down). This takes about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips, salt, vanilla and sugar. Stir occasionally until the chocolate is melted. Set the mixture aside to cool completely.
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- When mixture is cool enough mix in the oil. (It can take about 20-30 minutes to cool, give it a stir once in awhileand stick it in the fridge to make it cool faster).
- Sift the 1 1/2 cups of flour, the cocoa and the baking powder together. Fold in the tofu mixture until well combined and smooth.
- Spread evenly in a greased baking pan for 35-40 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.