Swiss Cream SoupFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 gallon chicken stock shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter melted shopping list
- 3/4 cup flour shopping list
- 2 cups whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup Swiss almond cheese spread shopping list
- 1/2 pound swiss cheese cut into small cubes shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- whipped cream for garnish shopping list
- toasted almonds for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan sauté diced onions in wine until translucent.
- Add stock and bring to boil then turn off heat.
- Blend butter with flour until smooth to make a roux.
- Add cream and roux to stock stirring until roux is completely dissolved.
- Return to heat and simmer mixture 15 minutes to cook roux and thicken stirring often to keep from scorching then turn off heat.
- Add cheese spread and cheese cubes then mix until cheese is melted but do not boil or cheese will become grainy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with whipped cream and toasted almonds.
- Serve hot.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!