Chuck Wagon StewFrom crabhappychick 6 years ago
- 5 slices bacon, chopped shopping list
- 5 pounds beef brisket, trimmed and cut into small bite sized pieces shopping list
- 1 can beer shopping list
- crazy salt, to taste shopping list
- black pepper, Hot Shot kind, to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons coffee powder, instant shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 large white onion, chopped shopping list
- 3 large red potatoes, scrubbed and diced small shopping list
- 10 ounces canned corn, DelMonte Summer Crisp or frozen shopping list
- 1 can tomatoes with green chilies, Ro-Tel brand shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, ancho chile powder shopping list
- 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules, I like beef soup base shopping list
How to make it
- Fry bacon over medium-low heat in a large Dutch oven. Remove bacon and use for something else. (either that or its SNACK TIME!)
- Toss brisket cubes with Crazy salt and Hot Shot. Brown in bacon fat, cooking in batches. Remove meat and add garlic and onion; cook until onion is soft. Return meat to pot, add beer and water to cover and bring to a low boil, cooking until tender for about 2 hours.
- When brisket is tender, add potatoes, corn, Ro-Tels, chile powder and soup base. Simmer until potatoes are tender and stew comes together nicely.
- NOTE: To make this gluten-free, use a good gluten-free beer.
The Cookcrabhappychick Pittsburgh, PA
The Rating4 people
let me at them coyotes................... lol nice one thereminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
Yummy, sounds great!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I love coyotes. Also hot stuff.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it