Vietnamese Prawn and Egg Rice Paper RollsFrom cherriepie 7 years ago
- * rolls * shopping list
- 125 grams rice vermicelli shopping list
- 4 eggs lightly beaten shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- 10 rice paper rounds shopping list
- 1 butter or round lettuce shredded shopping list
- 20 freshly cooked king prawns peeled shopping list
- 1/2 cup Vietnamese mint leaves shopping list
- 1/2 cup Thai basil leaves shopping list
- * Sauce * shopping list
- 3 tbsn fish sauce shopping list
- 3 tbsn water shopping list
- 1 clove garlic crushed shopping list
- 2 lemons juiced shopping list
- small red chilli finely chopped (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil, add the vermicelli and cook 1-2 minutes until just tender; drain and cool.
- Using a large non-stick frying pan, make a thin omelette with the eggs, lightly seasoned with a pinch of salt. Allow omelette to cool before cutting it into strips.
- Dip a sheet of rice paper into a large bowl of hot water very quickly to soften it. Place on a plate and stand 30 seconds to allow rice paper to dry out slightly and soften. You can do up to 4 sheets of rice paper at a time without them drying out too much. This will speed up the process.
- Arrange the lettuce, vermicelli, prawns, some omelette, some mint and some basil on each rice paper round and roll up. Arrange on a platter.
- Dip the roll into the sauce; mix equal amounts of fish sauce and water. Add a pinch of sugar, garlic, lemon juice and the chilli (if using).
The Cookcherriepie Melbourne, AU
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!