Stuffed Zucchini and Bell PeppersFrom dooley 7 years ago
- 2 Tbls. olive oil shopping list
- 1 small onion, grated shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley leaves chopped shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 3 Tbls. ketchup shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
- 1/3 cup grated romano cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup dried plain bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 lb. ground turkey shopping list
- 2 zucchini halved lengthwise shopping list
- 1 Orange bell pepper, halved and seeded shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and seeded shopping list
- 1 yellow bell pepper, halved and seeded shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly drizzle the Olive oil in a 13x9 baking dish
- Wisk together the onion, parsley, egg, ketchup, garlic, salt, pepper, in a large bowl. Stir in the cheeze and bread crumbs.
- Mix in the turkey( best way is with your hands) it's basically like a meatloaf mix. Cover and refrigerate the turkey mix.
- Use a small melon baller or spoon to carefully scrape out seeds and inner flesh of the Zucchini leaving 1/8 inch. Be careful not to go thru the skin.
- Fill the Zucchini and Pepper halves with the mixture mounding slightly.
- Arrange the stuffed vegetables in the baking dish.
- Pour the Marinara sauce over the vegetables.
- Bake uncovered until the vegetables are tender and just begining to brown approx. 45 minutes
The Cookdooley Krum, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!