Alsatian Sour Cream CakeFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- 1 3/4 stick butter or margarine ( butter preferred ) at room temperature shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 3 eggs room temperature shopping list
- 2 tsp vanilla or almond flavor shopping list
- 2 cups flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- dash salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup ground almonds shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1 cup blueberries ( or other fruit such as cherries, dried cranberries etc. ) shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds shopping list
- 1/2 cup brown sugar shopping list
- powder sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Grease and lightly flour a 10 inch bundt or similar pan.
- Cream butter and sugar fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla with flavoring and salt till well mixed.
- Alternately add flour mixed with baking powder with the sour cream blending till well mixed.
- Stir in ground almonds and blueberries.
- Place batter in pan.
- Sprinkle with the almonds and then sprinkle evenly with brown sugar pressing into batter lightly with back of spoon. .
- Bake until tested done with toothpick about 70 to 90 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 15 minutes then carefully unmold cake unto platter. Let cool.
- Dust heavily with powder sugar.
- Flavors Improves with age, store leftovers in refrigerator.