Lasagna Spicy Pork Sausage and Whole Wheat NoodlesFrom icaruscried 8 years ago
- Sauce shopping list
- 1 jar of Arabiata sauce (tamato: crushed red pepper sauce) shopping list
- 1 jar of Vodca Sauce (tamato: vodca, cream and parmesian sauce) shopping list
- Or 2 Jars of spaghetti sauce spiced with 1 tbs finely crushed red peppers. shopping list
- Or Homemade spicy sauce about 7 cups shopping list
- spiced italian sausage shopping list
- 3 tbs olive oil or extra virgin shopping list
- 4 tbs crushed red pepper shopping list
- 1 tsp ground cumin shopping list
- 2 16oz chub pork italian sausage (if links remove from casing 2lbs,sweet or spicy is fine) shopping list
- 1/2 of a garlic bunch. shopping list
- 1 sweet onion shopping list
- Whole Wheat Lasagna shopping list
- 2 boxes shopping list
- cheeses shopping list
- 2 containers of ricotta cheese shopping list
- 2 tsps garlic powder (not garlic salt!) shopping list
- 2 egg whites shopping list
- 2 balls of Mozarella shopping list
- 1 wedge of Parmesian shopping list
How to make it
- Preaheat your oven to 300°.
- Grate your cheeses seperately.
- Mix Ricotta, garlic POWDER, cumin and eggwhites.
- Chop onion and raw garlic.
- In a deep pan saute the onion.
- Add chopped garlic.
- Brown pork sausage as small chunks in the onions and garlic.
- Add 4 tbs crushed red pepper to the browning meat.
- While browning the pork sausage, in a seperate large pot cook lasagna al dente and drain;careful not to allow them to stick together too long.
- Add the sauces to the browned meat to make a meat sauce; careful not to break apart the sausage chunks too much.
- Spread a layer of meat sauce/sausage evenly on the bottom of 2 pyrex/ oven safe 9x13 baking dishes.
- Thinly spread Ricotta mixture along one side of 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles.
- Layer 3 lasagna noodles over the sausage/sauce ricotta side up in each dish.
- Sprinkle a layer of mozarella over each.
- The same only a sparser layer of parmesian(ration the cheeses accordingly).
- Begin the process again with the sauce.
- THE FINAL LAYER OF PARMESIAN SHOULD BE THE LARGEST LAYER OF PARMESIAN YET.
- Bake in your oven at 350 for 45 mins. Let Stand for 20 Minutes before serving.
- (Cut the recipe in half for 12 slices one Pan)
The Cookicaruscried Downey, CA
The Rating3 people
I love Italian sausage in dishes; I'm going to try this for sure! Thx.auntybea in Vernon loved it
Super nice...love the whole wheat pasta. It tastes a lot better than it used to...much better for you too.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
wow! perfect ... and i like the technique for spreading it on the noodle. copyright that. the onions and garlic should't brown too much ... but were great to cook into the pork. maybe add more ricotta.jankyjoe in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!