Acorn Squash and Sweet PotatoFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 large white onion chopped shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes peeled and cubed shopping list
- 1 small acorn squash quartered seeded and pared shopping list
- 1 can chicken broth shopping list
- 6 tablespoons milk shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
How to make it
- Sauté onion in broth in large saucepan over medium heat until onion is translucent.
- Add potatoes, squash and broth then simmer covered for 25 minutes then cool slightly.
- Working in batches place veggies with their liquid in food processor.
- Whirl until pureed then return puree to saucepan.
- Stir in milk then season with salt and pepper and heat over low heat.
- Top each serving with dollop of sour cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!