warm goat cheese salade with walnutsFrom billybobtoo 7 years ago
- RECIPE INGREDIENTS shopping list
- For the Vinaigrette: shopping list
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard shopping list
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1 cup walnut oil shopping list
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 minced large shallot shopping list
- For the Salad: shopping list
- 1 cup shelled unsalted walnuts shopping list
- 16 ounces goat cheese, cut into 16 equal pieces (logs work well) shopping list
- 6 cups washed and dried arugula shopping list
- 6 cups washed and dried escarole, romaine or bibb shopping list
- 4 cups washed and dried chicory or frisee shopping list
How to make it
- TO MAKE THE VINAIGRETTE: Mix the mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper together in a bowl. Slowly whisk in the oils. Stir in the shallot and set aside.
- TO MAKE THE SALAD: Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Toast the walnuts on a baking sheet for about 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool and chop fine. Roll the pieces of goat cheese in the walnuts to coat the cheese. Put the cheese in an oven-proof dish and heat until the cheese is warmed and soft, but not runny, about 5 minutes.
- While the cheese is warming, toss the greens in a bowl with the vinaigrette. Divide the greens onto 8 plates, place the warmed goat cheese on the salads, and serve immediately.
The Cookbillybobtoo Orlando, FL
The Rating4 people
Great! Now have purpose for goat cheese about to expire. thanks sound goodtheiris in Garden City loved it
Wow - this is a great recipe! I have had something very similar and loved it. Now with your recipe, I can try it for myself at home - yayy! Goat cheese is soooo delicious...thank you so much for sharing.
~ Vickielunasea in Orlando loved it
You got my attention.. sounds fantastic!shirleyoma in Cove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!