Mommas Winter VichyssoiseFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 4 large leeks (white parts only, diced) shopping list
- 1 small white onion, minced shopping list
- 2 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced shopping list
- 5 cups vegetable stock shopping list
- 1/2 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1 cup table cream (18%) shopping list
- 2 fl. oz white wine shopping list
- Fresh chives, for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add leeks and onion and cook until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Add potatoes and stock and cook 30 minutes.
- Puree in a blender until smooth and season with the pepper to taste.
- Return soup to pot, stir in cream and wine.
- Heat without boiling until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle individual bowls with chives.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating2 people
This really looks wonderful- made similar, gets my 5midgelet in Eastern loved it
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables384 members
Comfort Foods769 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Party Food316 members
Copy Cat Recipes366 members
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Food Blogs60 members
Whole Foods142 members