Coconut Orange Snowball CookiesFrom crabhappychick 7 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups coconut flakes shopping list
- 2 sticks butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted, then measured shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon coconut extract shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups flour shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons orange zest shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake coconut on rimmed baking sheet until light golden, stirring occasionally, about 12 minutes. Check often! It burns quickly!
- Using electric mixer, beat butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and both extracts in bowl to blend well. Beat in flour, orange peel, and salt. Stir in coconut. Cover and chill at least 1 hour and up to 1 day. Soften dough slightly before shaping.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Using 1 level tablespoon dough for each cookie, roll dough into balls. Place on prepared sheets, spacing 1 inch apart. Bake about 18 minutes. Cool on sheets for 5 minutes and roll hot cookies in remaining powdered sugar. Cool and roll in powdered sugar again. Store in airtight container.