Raved About Chicken or shrimp With Garlic RiceFrom debwin 7 years ago
- 3T oil shopping list
- 1 medium onion shopping list
- 5 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1T chili powder shopping list
- 2tsp cumin shopping list
- 1/2tsp cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 red or green peppers cut into 3/4'' dice shopping list
- 1 zucchini, 3/4'' dice shopping list
- 1 yellow squash, 3/4'' dice shopping list
- 11/2tsp salt shopping list
- 31/2c canned diced tomatoes (2 15oz cans) shopping list
- 12/3c drained and rinsed canned black beans (15oz. can) shopping list
- 11/2c long grained rice shopping list
- 3c low sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 3T chopped cilantro shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan heat 2T of the oil, on medium high. Add onion and cook until soft. Stir in about 1/3 of the minced garlic, chili powder, cumin and cayenne powder. Cook until fragrant, stirring about 1min. Add the peppers, zucchini, squash and 1tsp. of the salt. Cook until vegetables start to soften about 5 minutes.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and simmer for about 20 mins. Stir in beans and simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile in a medium saucepan heat remaining 1T of oil, add remaining garlic and rice. Cook stirring until rice is almost opaque. Add the chicken broth and remaining 1/2tsp. of salt. Reduce heat and cook covered until rice is done about 20 mins.
- Stir chopped cilantro into chili and serve over garlic rice.
The Cookdebwin Toronto, CA
The Rating2 people
This looks great. I have all this stuff on hand today too and was looking for a light meal. I think I'll add some shrimp and call it dinner! Thanks!lindal34 in Vero Beach loved it
ok. This was absolutely incredible. I couldn't find the onion in the ingredients so I added one large one chopped and a couple extra squash since we really like vegetables. I also did it with the shrimp--outstanding!lindal34 in Vero Beach loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!