Punchbowl CakeFrom chef2 8 years ago
- Punchbowl cake shopping list
- The recipe can be adapted to different tastes, replacing the cherries with other pie fillings such as blueberry or strawberry. One of the reasons why this cake is so practical for the holidays is because it can feed a big family; this recipe serves between 25 and 30 people. It is literally prepared in a punchbowl and is not sliced but spooned onto a serving dish. shopping list
How to make it
- 1 box yellow cake mix (Duncan Hines Butter mix is recommended)
- 1 large box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 large 20 ounce can cherry pie filling
- 1 large 20 ounce can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 large tub Cool Whip
- 1 cup chopped nuts (chopped for sprinkling)
- Bake cake as directed on package. Cool and crumble. Prepare pudding as directed.
- Place 1/2 cake crumbs in bottom of punchbowl.
- Layer 1/2 pudding over crumbs.
- Layer 1/2 pineapple next.
- Layer 1/2 Cool Whip next.
- Then layer 1/2 nuts.
- Repeat the second layer in the same order. Refrigerate several hours or over night before serving.