Sauerkraut CakeFrom mccookcook 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2/3 cup margarine shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 c. cocoa shopping list
- 2 1/4 c. flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1 tsp. soda shopping list
- 1 c. water shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2/3 c. drained kraut shopping list
How to make it
- Cream butter and sugar; add eggs and vanilla. Sift dry ingredients and add aternately with water to creamed mixture. Stir in kraut. Bake @ 350 degrees for about 35 minutes.
- I am assuming you would put this in a 9 x 13 pan.
- The recipe calls for it to be frosted with a chocolate satin frosting. I will post it seperately.
The Cookmccookcook Indianola, NE
The Rating3 people
I see that canucook has been here! 5 from me!orangeskipper in Redding loved it
You got my 5 also, you really need to make this one, you will never know there is Sauerkraut in it. It's just a very moist chocolate cake.henrie in Savannah loved it
I was so glad you posted this recipe. My grandmother used to make it and though I have most all of her recipes, this was one I could never find. My husband didn't believe it existed! I know from past experience it is a great, moist cake that no choco...morechinablue in 24747 loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!