Grilled Vegetable N Tofu SaladFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- MARINATE: 4 hours shopping list
- 1 pound firm tofu, drained shopping list
- 3/4 cup Italian salad dressing shopping list
- 12 ounces yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and cut into 2-inch pieces shopping list
- 2 large orange and/or red sweet peppers, quartered and seeded shopping list
- hot peppers seeded as many as desired or may be left out shopping list
- 1/2 cup quinoa* shopping list
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded sorrel or spinach shopping list
- Sorrel leaves (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tofu lengthwise into 8 slices, about 1/2 inch thick. Place tofu in shallow baking dish; pour 1/4 cup of the dressing over tofu. Place vegetables in a large self-sealing plastic bag set in a deep bowl. Pour 3 tablespoons of the remaining dressing over vegetables. Close bag, turning to coat. Chill tofu and vegetables 4 to 24 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate remaining dressing.
- Remove tofu from dressing, discarding dressing. Drain vegetables, reserving dressing. Grill vegetables on rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, turning occasionally. Grill tofu on grill rack directly over medium heat 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, or until lightly browned. Remove tofu from grill. Cut into triangles. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine squash and peppers. Add reserved dressing. Toss to coat. Set vegetables aside.
- Meanwhile, in a 2-quart pan bring 2 cups water to boiling. Place quinoa in a fine sieve and rinse under running water. Add quinoa and barley to pan. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15 minutes or until water is nearly absorbed and grains are tender. Drain.
- In a large bowl gently toss grains with shredded sorrel and remaining chilled dressing. Serve quinoa with vegetables and tofu. Add sorrel leaves, if desired. Makes 6 main-dish servings.
- *Look for quinoa (keen-wah) near the grains
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!