No Noodle Vegetarian Zucchini and Tofu LasagnaFrom collstrz 6 years ago
- 4 cups zucchini shredded (about 3 large Zucchinis) shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3/4 package of extra firm tofu shopping list
- 1 garlic Bulb shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste (optional) shopping list
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce or pasta sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves shopping list
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Shred zucchini and squeeze out any moisture. You should have about 4 cups lightly packed.
- In a large bowl beat eggs.
- Stir in the zucchini and mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Mix until well blended.
- Press zucchini mixture into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile sweat 1 clove cracked garlic into oiled pan.
- Crumble tofu into pan.
- Stir to break up the tofu and cook until it is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (optional).
- Stir in tomato or pasta sauce and oregano.
- Spoon tofu mixture over zucchini crust.
- Arrange pepper strips, mushrooms, and a few whole cloves of garlic on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on the lowest rack of a 400° oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
The Cookcollstrz Winter Garden, FL
The Rating4 people
sounds good:)netty_angel in Rolla loved it
Just what an artist needs.nadaism in Bathurst loved it
Your inspiration on tofu overwhelmed me!! I just had to add my own dash of this and that with my version(Yin Yang Silky Twangy Stir Fry Recipe)
as I didn't want to plagerise your masterpiece!
Blessings to your talents:)
nadaism in Bathurst loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!