No Noodle Vegetarian Zucchini and Tofu LasagnaFrom collstrz 6 years ago
- 4 cups zucchini shredded (about 3 large Zucchinis) shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 3/4 package of extra firm tofu shopping list
- 1 garlic Bulb shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste (optional) shopping list
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce or pasta sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons oregano leaves shopping list
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips shopping list
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Shred zucchini and squeeze out any moisture. You should have about 4 cups lightly packed.
- In a large bowl beat eggs.
- Stir in the zucchini and mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Mix until well blended.
- Press zucchini mixture into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile sweat 1 clove cracked garlic into oiled pan.
- Crumble tofu into pan.
- Stir to break up the tofu and cook until it is lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper (optional).
- Stir in tomato or pasta sauce and oregano.
- Spoon tofu mixture over zucchini crust.
- Arrange pepper strips, mushrooms, and a few whole cloves of garlic on top.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on the lowest rack of a 400° oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
The Cookcollstrz Winter Garden, FL
The Rating4 people
Just what an artist needs.nadaism in Toowoomba loved it
Your inspiration on tofu overwhelmed me!! I just had to add my own dash of this and that with my version(Yin Yang Silky Twangy Stir Fry Recipe)
as I didn't want to plagerise your masterpiece!
Blessings to your talents:)
nadaism in Toowoomba loved it
sounds good:)netty_angel in Rolla loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!